Third Sun’s Community Grant Program
Since its founding, Third Sun has offered in-kind and affordable services, advice, and support to nonprofits. We are launching our Third Sun Design for Good Community Grant Program offering Third Sun services to a selected nonprofit to help build capacity, improve outreach, and fulfill organizational goals.
Third Sun supports many local nonprofit causes from the arts to social justice. For this program, preference will be given to organizations that align with Third Sun’s company values. We will consider applications from current and new clients. Additional requirements are outlined below.
What We’re Offering
We are offering a pro-bono sponsorship valued at up to $10,000 toward a project that will address an organization’s branding and website design and platform. The project will include consultation, training, and support to the organization’s staff throughout the project and for one year from completion.
The in-kind project will include the following services:
- Content strategy and consultation
- Branding and logo design
- Website design
- Donation form, event registration, blog set-up, social media integration
- Email campaign set-up
- Support for 1 year from time of launch
- Option for discounted additional design services and CiviCRM configuration
Review Criteria to Apply
Before making an application, please be sure that your organization meets the minimum requirements.
- Must be a 501(c)3 organization as defined by the IRS.
- Must be a member of UNA.
- Organizational budget must be under $500,000.
- Must operate in Utah.
- Preference given for organizations that are at least 3 years old.
- Priority given to organizations that align with our Third Sun company values.
- Applications will be evaluated on what impact our services would have on your organizational progress and the fulfillment of your mission.
- Preference given to organizations with at least one paid staff member.
- Applicants agree to cross-promotion at the completion of the project.
- Third Sun requires being listed on the website with logo.
- Third Sun requests that we can use the project in our marketing materials.
- Third Sun requests that any additional appropriate sponsorship recognition is offered (per the organization’s parameters).
- Completion of application with a letter of reference and willingness to be interviewed.
We ask that all applications and supporting materials are completed by April 30. All applicants will be notified by May 15.
We ask that the applicant can reasonably meet the timeline outlined below and that the organization can commit to a minimum of 6 hours per week to this project from June through mid-September. The project will be completed through a collaborative process between the organization’s team and Third Sun staff.
- March 15 – Application opens
- April 30 – Application closes
- May 15 – Winner is announced
- June 1 – Kick-off meeting with specific timeline determined
- June – Content and supporting tasks are completed
- July - August – Website development tasks are completed
- September – Project completed and annual support begins